I have been mentioning that Pro Compression was providing me the opportunity to review their Pro Compression Marathon socks. They sent me a beautiful pair of purple ones, which I couldn’t wait to try on. Don’t make fun of the legs, I could really use a tan.
I was really surprised because they suggested an XS for my 7.5 size foot (regular shoe), but were kind enough to exchange if I needed a larger size, but the XS were perfect.
On the Pro Compression site the socks are described as:
Experience maximum benefit with the Marathon full-length, graduated compression sock. Compression technology helps improve blood flow, resulting in better, more consistent performance with less fatigue and faster, more efficient recovery. In addition to improving vascular performance, Marathon compression socks provide support to critical muscles and tendons, helping reduce inflammation and soreness.
- Full-length, graduated compression design for maximum blood flow
- Non-slip design, even after hours on your feet
- Lightweight construction for incredible feel
- Blended materials provide maximum comfort and support
- Moisture control keeps you dry during your biggest efforts
- Made in USA
I waited to use them for a longer run so I wore them last Saturday when I ran 6 miles and then I wore them again this Saturday when I ran 10 miles. I have to tell you, I loved them. They are soft to the skin and they do not slide. They definitely compress, but without over squeezing, they never hurt my leg at any point.
I wore them for about an hour prior to running, then for my run and then for about an hour and half after the run. My calves never felt tired during the run and they recovered without any tightness or pain, like my thighs and hips did (too bad they don’t make socks for the entire leg).
I have ran up to 7 before and my calves in the past have been tight and for hours after they felt weak, I have even had this feeling with shorter runs. I am telling you I never had this feeling with the 2 runs that I wore the Pro Compression Marathon socks. Remember 10 miles is my longest run and this was the first time I ran that length. Everyone there told me I would feel it later and I never felt it in my calves.
I truly loved these socks and I am hooked! I plan on purchasing more and I plan on using the coupon code that Pro Compression provided me for all of you to use. The coupon code is for 40% off and free shipping. That is an amazing deal! Did I mention they have tons of fun colors and seasonal patterns?
Pro Compression Coupon Code: BLG14
Pro Compression was also kind enough to provide a free pair for one of my readers, so here is your chance to win. All you need to do is one or all of the following and comment each time you do one of the actions below and it will give you another entry into the raffle for the free pair of socks ($40 value). Raffle will run until Saturday, March 15th.
1. Follow my blog and let me know you do by leaving a comment
2. Leave me a comment on why you want a pair of Pro Compression socks
3. Like Pro Compression’s Facebook Page @ https://www.facebook.com/procompression (Leave a comment once your done)
4. Follow Pro Compression on Twitter https://twitter.com/PROCompression and Follow me on Twitter @ https://twitter.com/lospitale and send out a tweet on the giveaway (Leave a comment once your done)
5. Follow Pro Compression on instagram @ http://instagram.com/procompression (Don’t forget to leave a comment)
6. Follow me on instagram @ http://instagram.com/lospitale (Don’t forget to leave a comment)